School meals are prepared daily on site in our kitchen.
The menu is a three week rolling menu which has a variety of different food for the children.
Kirton Lane operates a part 'Family Service' which consists of the older pupils serving the dessert out to the younger children. This has created a very 'family' orientated aspect to our lunch times and promotes a enjoyable environment for the children to sit and socialise together.
Whilst lunch is being eaten, all children are supervised and supported by our midday supervisors.
Alternatively, children may bring a packed lunch to school. We encourage healthy foods only and would appreciated the avoidance of high sugar content foods. Strictly no sweets are allowed, instead we encourage healthier choices of fruit or vegetables. Water is available for children who choose a packed lunch, however, your child can bring their own drink in a non-breakable container as long as it is not a fizzy drink.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to some children according to family income. It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch. Please 'click' here for additional information.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Guarantee pension credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, and an annual income lower than the limit set by the Government
- Working Tax Credit Run On because you have ceased work or reduced your working hours to less than 16 per week
To find out if your child qualifies for free school meals, and for any help or advice, you should:
- Contact Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council on, 01302 736000 Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm
- Visit your local housing office
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Doncaster Council Civic Office Waterdale Doncaster DN1 3BU
- Minicom users can contact on 01302 736252;
- Call HMRC Tax Credit helpline (0845 300 3900) or visit their website; or
The DMBC website has more information about free school meals. If you’ve any general questions about free school meals, please ask us at the Office (or email email@example.com).